Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Searching for Family

Now that Spring has finally, blessedly, sprung, I took several days off to recharge my batteries and visit my kids and grandkids. It was great fun! My family means everything to me. Each member is special, unique, talented, and entertaining. Whenever we all get together, it's a laugh a minute! Some of my kids ( who shall remain nameless here! ) could've had great careers as stand-up comics.

No wonder that so much of what I write ends up being about family at its roots. If you didn't notice that in Judgment on Tartarus, you certainly will in True Son of Tartarus and Ransom of Tartarus! For instance, Rona Scott has no family left to speak of---her parents both died in the Mars-colony disaster. And Kalom of Eris decided to stay behind on Terra when his parents returned to Eris ( his father was the Ambassador to Earth, remember? ) and he's not now on very good terms with them. They accuse him of being more Terran than Erisian.

And as for Malkis, his father, Kadris, disowns him outright, then accuses him of being the cause of his own mother's death! Sweet guy! For now, Hughes' background remains pretty much a mystery---but believe me, this guy has daddy issues big time! So, obviously, several of my characters are out in space searching for "family" as well as adventure, even if they don't realize this, and have found a substitute family aboard Astrella.

That's it for now. Hope to be back again tomorrow!

MRTighe

No comments:

Post a Comment