Total Pageviews

Monday, September 26, 2011

Waiting For True Son

At present I'm still waiting. True Son of Tartarus has gone to the printer to be made into paperback books---something tangible, something I can hold in my hands and say is my creation, a treat for the intellect ( I sincerely hope! ) True Son is currently being formatted for the Kindle edition as well. That should be available in 2-3 weeks ( http://www.amazon.com/ at $9.99.)

Once I do a final edit and approve a book for publication, it is then literally out of my hands. I have no say in pricing or how much time it takes for one of my books to become available. That's up to the publisher and printer, not me.

Right now I'm trying my best to wait patiently---at least as patiently as I can! I'm concentrating on editing Book Three: Ransom of Tartarus, which will be the final book of the Tartarus Trilogy. My author's sample copies of True Son are scheduled to ship Oct. 5th and might actually arrive by that date if I'm lucky.

I wrote the original draft of True Son in the late 1980s and have worked on it, polished it, revised it, off and on over the last twenty or more years. Now that I'm this close to publication, I have to remind myself to be patient: I've waited a long time to achieve this goal, so I can certainly wait a few weeks more!

All for now,

MRTighe

No comments:

Post a Comment