Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2011

DVD Mania

My hubby and I own a vast collection of DVDs, probably numbering in the thousands. Some of our all-time favorites series include: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, CSI, Lost, Babylon 5, Farscape, Doctor Who ( from the very oldest to the newest! ), True Blood, Legend of the Seeker, and Blood Ties. You'll of course note that these are heavy on the fantasy and SF titles.

Hubby also has his own private collection of superhero movies, cartoons, anime, and really OLD horror movies, such as Frankenstein, Dracula, the Mummy, etc. He loves them so much that he can watch them over and over again; I cannot. That is why we have two TVs on the first floor within a few feet of each other!

The DVDs closest to my heart include The Lord of the Rings movies, the entire Harry Potter series ( which I hope to complete this Christmas ) and my collection of my beloved Survivor DVDs. That TV show is a weakness of mine. As a kid, I used to dream about being a castaway on a desert island in the Pacific and having to survive on my own. Naturally, Robinson Crusoe and Swiss Family Robinson were among my favorite books.

My study of psychology and sociology in college led me to a fascination with human interaction and motivation, in addition to the survival aspects. So tease me if you will, I'll always love Survivor. The show has also confirmed my fears that modern humans have lost touch with nature, have lost respect for its dangers, and are woefully ignorant of its benefits.

Ah, well! That's a subject for another day! The tribe has spoken.

MRTighe

No comments:

Post a Comment