Total Pageviews

Friday, July 1, 2011

True Son's Cover: Second Attempt

I downloaded the latest cover design, back and front, for True Son of Tartarus. Whew! I'm so much happier with this concept! The front cover will be similar enough to Judgment's to make it apparent that they are a set. Book 3's cover is going to be a real challenge to match and yet have it stand out! But you know what they say about crossing bridges. ( And I have such a fear of heights that I always do so with my eyes shut tight! )

We've decided to go with the nebula background, taken by the Hubble telescope and available from NASA, because of its beautiful colors---blue, purple, rust--- as well as the play of light against dark. As I told my account manager at the publisher's, that contrast reminds me visually of the battle of good vs evil, which at its most basic is what True Son is all about.

At the very bottom of the front cover will be a single line in small print stating that this is Book 2 of The Tartarus Trilogy. Hopefully, that will not put off anyone who hasn't yet read Judgment on Tartarus, since both books ( as well as the third ) are capable of standing on their own. From unfortunate experience I've learned that with most series you should not attempt to start reading at Book 12!

Hopefully, the cover of True Son will turn out just as beautiful as the cover of Judgment.

All for now---and Happy Fourth of July, all!

MRTighe

No comments:

Post a Comment