Total Pageviews

Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Reading

Right now I'm in the process of reading another book by Cassandra Clare titled "Clockwork Angel", which is a prequel to her Mortal Instruments series. The story takes place in Victorian England and follows the adventures of a group called the Shadowhunters who are half human and half angel. They defend ordinary humans from the predations of the demon-world. So far I am enjoying it. It's suitable for young adults, as are the Mortal Instruments books.

 And if you haven't yet started reading Judgment on Tartarus, may I ask what you are waiting for? I don't hand out engraved invitations, though perhaps I should! But if you're out of school or on vacation, why not give it a try? Judgment is a fun read, not difficult to understand, and definitely not boring.

For those who've already read Book 1 of The Tartarus Trilogy and are anxious for more, take heart. Book 2: True Son of Tartarus is in the layout and design phase. After I review and okay it, a publication date will be set. And as for Ransom of Tartarus, Book 3, it is in the hands of my first reader for critique. As soon as True Son is released to distributors, I intend to start the process to publish Ransom as well.

Why the rush? Well, I got off to a late start with this publishing business, partly due to family priorities and the need to earn a living. I'm trying to make up for lost time and yet not skimp on the quality of my writing.

Besides, I have many more stories to tell, stories I would hate to leave untold!

MRTighe

No comments:

Post a Comment