Total Pageviews

Monday, July 4, 2011

Respect or Spoofs?

I'm truly humbled by the number of people who are reading or have read my first novel, Judgment on Tartarus. And I keep waiting for someone to tell me how much they hated it or that it just didn't appeal to them. Whether those people are just being incredibly polite or what, so far I haven't heard that from anyone. This is a good thing and makes me very happy.

I don't write for fame or fortune,, ( God forbid! ) but just for the sheer joy of writing and sharing what I consider to be darn good stories with others who might appreciate them. And I'm grateful that it seems I'm doing so.Of course, I've had a few inevitable suggestions about how to improve the book as well as quips from family members, who plan on spoofing my work, ie: "Judgment of Tartar Sauce" ( ostensibly about a fish shack operated by one Corona Wit'lime! Groan!! )

I get no respect, I tell you---no respect! Born comedians, all three of my kids. But that's my fam for you; they always keep me laughing. Gotta love 'em.

Can't wait to see what kind of spoof they come up with for True Son of Tartar Sauce, uh---Tartarus. Saves me from ever taking myself too seriously!

Keep on laughing!

MRTighe

No comments:

Post a Comment