Total Pageviews

Monday, April 11, 2011

Looking Forward With Crossed Fingers!

Just gave True Son of Tartarus its final edit before sending it to my publisher; it's 267 pages long on Microsoft Word and approximately 93,000 words! That's a heck of a lot of words---but they mean nothing unless they connect with readers!

I do have some worries that a few people who read and enjoyed Judgment on Tartarus may find True Son a little too violent for their tastes. I don't like writing graphic violence, and try to keep it to a minimum, unless there's a very good reason to include it. And in this particular case I thought long and hard about it and decided the violent aspects of the story are justified. Traumatic events tend to change people dramatically, and my characters are no different.

Also, the events depicted in True Son foreshadow events -to-come in Ransom of Tartarus ( Book 3, already written and which I hope to have published by early 2012. ) Until True Son comes out and I get reader- feedback, ( very important to me! ) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my readers will enjoy the book just as much, if not more than Judgment. Meanwhile, as I"ve told you before, I'm hard at work on one of the prequels to the Tartarus series, Malkis of Tartarus, and anticipate a second prequel, probably to be titled "The Hero of the Gorgonian Wars" or something to that effect.

Must get back to work now,

MRTighe

No comments:

Post a Comment