Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Hits and Misses!

Biggest Reading Mistake I Ever Made:

I read the first page of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien---and put it back on the bookstore shelf! Who wants to read a book about some critter who lives in a hole in the ground? Fortunately for me, I rectified that mistake shortly thereafter---thank goodness!

Books I've Found Worth Reading Over and Over Again:

The Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder---based on real life experiences and absolutely not just for children! ( and very little like the TV series! )
The Harry Potter Books by J.K. Rowling---ditto!
The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien---all-time classics of high fantasy!

Some Guilty Pleasures:

The Sookie Stackhouse Books by Charlaine Harris ( fantasy/horror ) and the Blood Books by Tanya Huff ( also fantasy/horror ) All of these are definitely adults-only and not the kind of book you might picture me enjoying!

And One I'm Still Not Sure About:

The Sword of Truth Trilogy by Terry Goodkind---kind of heroic fantasy, but I began reading because I'm a fan of the TV series based on it, Legend of the Seeker, and as other fans have noted , the books aren't much like the series. I may go back and give it another try.

In ending, latest Kindle sales ranking is # 83,530 out of 900,000+ ! And the best news of all, I just signed the contract to have True Son of Tartarus published within the next 3-6 months!

Hope you can wait that long!

MRTighe

No comments:

Post a Comment