Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Weird Sense of Humor?

Currently on Twitter there's a game of sorts, started I believe by the SF writer Margaret Atwood. The idea is to drop one letter in the title of a book and make a funny new title, ie:
     Horton Hears A Ho
     The Handmaid's Ale
     Huckleberry Inn---the story of a Mississippi B and B
     Moby Ick---the messy business of whaling

This is what I came up with using titles from my own library:
     The Lord of the Ings---the history of a famous Chinese overlord
     Fellowship of the Rig---male bonding on deep-sea oil rigs
     The Two Owers--trials and tribulations of a couple deep in debt
     Return of the Kin---relatives who just won't leave
     Red Moo, Black Mountain---the adventures of a daring cow in an alternate reality
And one non-book: A Christmas Tory--- a man who sides with the redcoats seasonally

I know, I know, I have a weird sense of humor. To prove it, here's one of my all-time favorite jokes:
     Two British nuns were traveling by car one night. As they drove down a dark, deserted English lane, a hungry vampire jumped out into the road, blocking their car.
     The Sister who was driving told her companion, "Quick, Sister! Roll down the window and show 'im your cross!"
     So the other Sister rolled down the window, stuck her head out, and yelled at the vampire, " Get outa the road, you stupid git!"

That one is thanks to the BBC's Vicar of Dibley, a show I occasionally catch. ( We do love our BBC! )

Can't help it that I have a sense of humor that tends to make other people groan!

MRTighe

No comments:

Post a Comment