Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Freaky Word Day!

Every now and then I allow myself to become discouraged ( don't we all? ). What I tend to get discouraged about is whether or not I should be writing what I'm writing. I tend to second-guess myself and often find myself debating over a particular word or phrase. And it's absolutely freaky how many times I've been thinking like that when, out of the blue, I hear the very word---or even the entire phrase!---suddenly spoken aloud.  Sometimes the voice comes from the TV or the music I'm listening to as I write, or sometimes it comes from someone in the room who's paying no attention to me. It's as though someone somewhere is on the same wavelength and encouraging me not to change my wording!

This has happened to me fairly frequently and always gives me a little jolt, like electricity running through me! Now don't get me wrong---I do not believe that every word I write is perfect or even correct. I double check things like that constantly because it's so easy to make a mistake. No, this phenomenon usually occurs when I'm questioning whether what I'm writing is appropriate or even worthwhile. Instinctively, I can't help but take these occurences as some kind of affirmation that I'm writing what I should be writing.

Sounds crazy, I know, but so far my readers seem to believe that, too!

MRTighe

No comments:

Post a Comment