Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First Readers

Hello again! I'm back at work after a short break for family time in NH. Came back last night in our first snowstorm! I've begun getting a bit of feedback from early readers of Judgment on Tartarus, and so far it's good! I even surprised one friend of mine who didn't  realize I had written and published my first book. That was fun, I must admit. She asked me what it's like to hold a book in your hands that you actually wrote. I confessed that it feels a bit weird. I've been reading most of my life, but to hold and read a book that you produced feels very strange---almost surreal! But it does feel good.

What is perhaps most encouraging is the people who ask where online they can order/buy my book---that is particularly surreal! I can't help thinking, Wow! This person is interested enough in my work to spend their hard-earned money on it! I don't think there could be a greater compliment.

So far, so good. I'm sure I'll be getting more feedback as soon as my book is available online in mid-Jan.

I'll close for now.

MRTighe

1 comment:

  1. Hoping you have great success with the book. My brother has ordered a copy from Amazon, and I am looking forward to getting a printed copy myself. I blogged about it yesterday:

    http://www.planetgraham.net/1/post/2010/12/science-fiction-book-design-by-planetgraham.html

    Kerry Graham

    ReplyDelete